- Net earnings increased to $2.5 million, or $0.12 per diluted common share, for the second quarter of 2011 ("Q2-11") from $1.7 million, or $0.08 per share, for the first quarter of 2011 ("Q1-11"). In the second quarter of 2010 ("Q2-10"), the Company had a net loss of $51.9 million, or $6.02 per share, primarily due to a bulk sale of nonperforming and underperforming assets.
- Net interest margin for Q2-11 improved to 2.24% from 2.14% in Q1-11 and 2.13% in Q2-10.
- Nonaccrual loans and real estate owned totaled $71 million at June 30, 2011, compared to $72 million at March 31, 2011 and $80 million at December 31, 2010. Nonaccrual loans necessarily include certain restructured loans (TDRs) that are classified as such based on regulatory guidance. At June 30, 2011, such loans amounted to $33 million and were yielding 4.43%. These loans were current and performing in accordance with their renegotiated terms.
- The total provision for loan and real estate losses amounted to $2.0 million for both Q2-11 and Q1-11, compared to $96.1 million in Q2-10. The allowance for loan losses was 2.54% of total outstanding loans at June 30, 2011, compared to 2.49% at March 31, 2011, 2.61% at December 31, 2010 and 2.17% at June 30, 2010.
- Noninterest expense decreased to $4.1 million in Q2-11, from $4.3 million in Q2-10 and $4.4 million in Q1-11. The Company's efficiency ratio, which is a measure of its ability to control expenses as a percentage of its revenues, improved to 35% in Q2-11, from 41% in Q1-11 and 36% in Q2-10.
- At June 30, 2011, Intervest National Bank's regulatory capital ratios were well above its minimum requirements and were as follows: Tier One Leverage -10.41%; Tier One Risk-Based -14.19%; and Total Risk-Based Capital - 15.45%. The Bank's minimum required capital ratios as per its agreement with its regulator are 9%, 10% and 12%, respectively.
- Common book value per share increased to $7.81 at June 30, 2011.
Intervest Bancshares Corporation Reports Earnings Of $2.5 Million Or $0.12 Per Share For 2011 Second Quarter
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.