- Net earnings increased to $2.5 million, or $0.12 per diluted common share, for the second quarter of 2011 ("Q2-11") from $1.7 million, or $0.08 per share, for the first quarter of 2011 ("Q1-11"). In the second quarter of 2010 ("Q2-10"), the Company had a net loss of $51.9 million, or $6.02 per share, primarily due to a bulk sale of nonperforming and underperforming assets.
- Net interest margin for Q2-11 improved to 2.24% from 2.14% in Q1-11 and 2.13% in Q2-10.
- Nonaccrual loans and real estate owned totaled $71 million at June 30, 2011, compared to $72 million at March 31, 2011 and $80 million at December 31, 2010. Nonaccrual loans necessarily include certain restructured loans (TDRs) that are classified as such based on regulatory guidance. At June 30, 2011, such loans amounted to $33 million and were yielding 4.43%. These loans were current and performing in accordance with their renegotiated terms.
- The total provision for loan and real estate losses amounted to $2.0 million for both Q2-11 and Q1-11, compared to $96.1 million in Q2-10. The allowance for loan losses was 2.54% of total outstanding loans at June 30, 2011, compared to 2.49% at March 31, 2011, 2.61% at December 31, 2010 and 2.17% at June 30, 2010.
- Noninterest expense decreased to $4.1 million in Q2-11, from $4.3 million in Q2-10 and $4.4 million in Q1-11. The Company's efficiency ratio, which is a measure of its ability to control expenses as a percentage of its revenues, improved to 35% in Q2-11, from 41% in Q1-11 and 36% in Q2-10.
- At June 30, 2011, Intervest National Bank's regulatory capital ratios were well above its minimum requirements and were as follows: Tier One Leverage -10.41%; Tier One Risk-Based -14.19%; and Total Risk-Based Capital - 15.45%. The Bank's minimum required capital ratios as per its agreement with its regulator are 9%, 10% and 12%, respectively.
- Common book value per share increased to $7.81 at June 30, 2011.
Intervest Bancshares Corporation Reports Earnings Of $2.5 Million Or $0.12 Per Share For 2011 Second Quarter
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.