Kinetic Concepts To Be Bought for $6.3B
SAN ANTONIO (TheStreet) -- Kinetic Concepts (KCI) said Wednesday it agreed to be acquired by funds advised by Apax Partners, and affiliates of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and the Public Sector Pension Investment Board, for $68.50 a share in cash, or $6.3 billion including debt.
Shares of Kinetic Concepts, a provider of hospital beds, closed Tuesday at $64.49.
The acquisition price, the parties said in a press release Wednesday, is a premium of about 21% to the one-month historical average stock price of $56.49 through July 5, a day before reports surfaced of a deal for Kinetic Concepts.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV