Bankruptcy Watch: 9 Risky Hotel Stocks
Maui Land & Pineapple (MLP)
Altman Z-Score, Trailing 12 Months: 0.14
Altman Z-Score, Last Fiscal Year: -0.53Maui Land & Pineapple (MLP) Maui Land & Pineapple ranked with a worrisome Z-score of 0.14 in the trailing 12 months, but it was a marked improvement over last fiscal year's score of -0.53. Maui Land & Pineapple is a resort operator in Hawaii, but it also develops residential and industrial real estate properties in the island state. In May, the company booked its third consecutive quarterly profit, earning $12.4 million, or 67 cents per share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $2.7 million, or 33 cents loss per share. But the profit was mostly attributed to the delayed recognition of $15.1 million in proceeds from the divestiture of its Kapalua Bay Golf Course last year. Another real estate sale and the settlement of post-retirement insurance plans also contributed nearly $5 million to the recent quarter's gains. Excluding those one-time items, Maui Land booked a $2.3 million loss. Revenue from continuing operations fell 15.8% to $6.4 million. Revenue from Maui Land's resort services edged 0.2% lower to $992,000 in the recent quarter. NEXT...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV