1. Las Vegas Sands (LVS) owns and operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino and The Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Sands Macao, The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, the Four Seasons Hotel Macao, Cotai Strip and the Plaza Casino in Macau.
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 increased 58% to $2.1 billion, vs. $1.3 billion in the year-ago quarter, driven by $584.9 million net revenue at Marina Bay Sands, which opened in April 2010, as well as increases at its Macau operations. Casino revenues increased $602.7 million year-over-year, with $464.4 million generated from Marina Bay Sands and $186.8 million from its Macau operations, boosted by Rolling Chip volume at The Venetian Macao and Sands Macao. Subsequently, adjusted net income surged to $299.4 million or 37 cents per share, compared to $53.5 million or 7 cents per share in the first quarter of 2010.
Analysts at Brean Murray recently initiated coverage on the stock with a buy rating and a price target of $53 citing growth in Asia, the Cotai expansion and upside potential in Singapore.Of the 29 analysts covering the stock, 76% recommend a buy and the rest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 21.3% upside to $53.32 in value from current levels. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 Casino Stocks to Play portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV