5. Wynn Resorts (WYNN) owns and operates two destination casino resorts. It owns and operates Wynn Las Vegas in Las Vegas, Nevada, and Wynn Macau in the Macau Special Administrative Region of China (Macau).
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 increased 38.7% to $1.3 billion from $908.8 million in the year-ago quarter, following a 46.6% increase in revenue from Macau operations and 24% revenue from Las Vegas operations. On a segment basis, casino revenue soared 45.5% to $1 billion, rooms revenue spiked 24.2%, food and beverage revenue increased 15.3%, and entertainment, retail, and other revenue surged 19.4% year-over-year.
In terms of operating metrics, room occupancy for Las Vegas operations stood at 87.9% compared to 89.4% for the quarter ended March 31, 2010. Average daily rate increased to $240 from $203. For Macau, room occupancy was 88.6% from 90.7%, while average daily rate increased 8.9% to $307.On a non-GAAP basis, net income stood at $173.4 million or $1.38 per share, compared to $33.8 million or 27 cents per share during the first quarter of 2010. Recently, analysts at Brean Murray initiated coverage on the stock with a buy rating and a price target of $175. Of the 28 analysts covering the stock, 32% recommend a buy and 64% rate a hold. JP Morgan recently raised its price target for the stock to $174 from the earlier $158 indicating an 11% upside from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV