6. Ameristar Casinos (ASCA), a developer, owner and operator of casino entertainment facilities in the local and regional markets, has eight properties in seven markets. The company's operations include a variety of table games, including blackjack, craps, roulette and poker.
Total revenue increased $6.1 million to $308.7 million for the first quarter 2011. Net income during the quarter was seen almost doubling to $21.8 million or 37 cents per share, which compares to $10.7 million or 18 cents per share. Interest payments during the quarter reduced to $25.1 million from $34.4 million in the year-ago quarter. ASCA's earnings improved during the quarter, riding on lower interest expenses and cut back on promotional expenditure.
The company recently announced acquiring most of the stock owned by a charitable foundation formed by its late founder. Capital spending for the second quarter of 2011 is expected to range from $10 to $15 million. Cash dividend per share is pegged at 10.5 cents.Of the 17 analysts covering the stock, 59% recommend a buy and 35% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 7.5% to $25.62 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV