7. Melco Crown Entertainment (MPEL) is a developer, owner and operator of casino gaming and entertainment resorts in Macau. It operates through subsidiary Melco Crown Gaming and is among the six companies licensed to run casinos in Macau. The company owns and operates City of Dreams, Altira Macau, Mocha Clubs and Taipa Square Casino.
Of the 16 analysts covering the stock, 69% recommend a buy and 25% rate a hold. A Bloomberg consensus expects the stock to gain an average 5.1% to $14.34 in the upcoming 12 months.
During 2011 first quarter, Melco reported 42% increase in total revenue from the year-ago period. Net income for the quarter stood at $7.2 million or 1-cent per share, compared to net loss of $12.5 million or 2 cents per share in the first quarter of 2010. The company recently completed the refinancing of its existing credit facilities related to its projects City of Dreams and Altira. These two properties cover almost $1.2 billion consisting of an amortizing term loan facility for the equivalent of $800 million, and a revolving credit facility for the equivalent of $400 million.Mid-June this year, the company signed a share purchase agreement to acquire 60% equity interest and shareholder loan in the developer of Macau Studio City, a large-scale integrated gaming, retail and entertainment resort to be developed in Macau. In a separate development, MPEL's efforts in environmental protection have been recognized by multiple awards in 2011. The company's flagship property, City of Dreams, received the Indoor Environmental Quality Certification. The company's three other hotels received the 2010 Macau Green Hotel Award.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV