Client Configuration Server and New Patent for Automatic Peripheral Device Configuration Enable Service Providers and Enterprises to Simplify and Streamline the Management of Softphone Moves, Adds, Changes and Application Updates
VANCOUVER, July 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - With business softphone adoption growing at double-digit rates annually, service providers and enterprise IT departments need to slash the costs and time spent provisioning and managing those devices. CounterPath Corporation (OTCBB: CPAH); (TSX-V: CCV), today announced the availability of its Client Configuration Server (CCS) and the granting of U.S. Patent # 7,958,276, which together offer IT managers more control and autonomy through a simplified management user interface that immediately increases deployment efficiencies and streamlines end-user device management.
CounterPath's Client Configuration Server is designed to enable enterprises and service providers such as telcos, cable providers and ITSPs to deploy and manage their own CCS solution, a key node for any softphone or SIP endpoint deployment. Featuring a clean and intuitive user interface, the CCS enables service providers to automatically apply the proper configuration to each end-user device, periodically update those configurations and remotely upgrade client-side software.
"Service providers typically have to build their own configuration servers when deploying endpoints such as CounterPath's softphones. Not only is that labor-intensive, it isn't really within the operator's core competency," said Todd Carothers, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Products, CounterPath. "With CCS, operators can take advantage of a solution that's not only off the shelf but specifically designed to accelerate deployment while increasing back-end efficiencies."CounterPath's Client Configuration Server also provides:
- Five-Nines (99.999 percent) Reliability - The CCS is based on CounterPath's Network Convergence Gateway (NCG) technology, ensuring carrier-class reliability.
- Standards-Based Security - All client communications are done via HTTPS.
- High Scalability - Customers can support millions of softphone/SIP endpoints.
- Flexibility - The CCS's profile and template structure supports a wide variety of client types and end-user configurations.
- Multi-Tenanted Capabilities - A group hierarchy enables reseller scenarios and department-level administrative control within end-customer companies.
- Multiple Interfaces - The CCS is designed for both programmatic back-end systems and operations staff for configuration access on a per-tenant basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV