Ener1 Adds Three New Executives
NEW YORK, July 12, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Ener1, Inc. (NASDAQ: HEV), a leader in energy storage technology solutions, today announced it has appointed three new executives to support anticipated growth and existing programs for its electric utility, transportation and industrial electronics customers.
"We're continually looking for ways to reduce our overall structural costs while simultaneously enhancing our operational ability to deliver world-class energy storage solutions to existing customers, like the Federal Grid Corporation, Volvo Cars, Hyundai Heavy Industries, Toro, Motorola and Kenwood Radio," stated Ener1 President Chris Cowger. "We are adding some first-rate talent to strengthen Ener1's operations, manufacturing, human resources and finance areas to help us achieve this goal. These new hires bring more than 75 years of combined Fortune 500 experience working across a broad range of technology companies and managing billions of dollars in revenue. We expect they will be terrific assets in driving our growth over the next several years to make Ener1 an even more cost-efficient company for both current and future customers."
Additions to Ener1's leadership team include:
- Melissa Debes joins Ener1 in the role of chief accounting officer and senior vice president of finance. She will also serve as chief financial officer for Ener1's EnerDel subsidiary. With more than 25 years experience, she was previously the corporate vice president of finance at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), where she consolidated business planning and forecasting efforts and spearheaded AMD's zero-based budgeting process. Prior to joining AMD, she was the division controller for Motorola's PowerPc computing platform group. Melissa has a bachelor's degree in finance from Arizona State University and a master's degree in international management from Thunderbird-American Graduate School.
- Dan Allen will serve as Ener1's senior vice president of operations and procurement. For the past 13 years, he was an executive director in worldwide procurement at Dell, where he gained extensive experience in global sourcing, supplier development and supply-chain optimization. Prior to Dell, Dan spent 10 years with EDS in various finance and operations positions, including four years living in Beijing and Hong Kong establishing EDS's China operations. Dan has a bachelor's degree in finance from Iowa State University and a master's degree in business administration from the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Eddie Luedke joins Ener1 as vice president of human resources with more than 20 years experience from companies like AMD, Dell and EDS. He most recently ran AMD's human resources function for sales, marketing, corporate strategy, IT, and finance. During his 11-year tenure with Dell, Eddie had HR responsibility for the global sales and call center organizations, and managed compensation and benefits for Latin America and Canada. Eddie earned a bachelor's degree in sociology from Texas A&M University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV