As for Tuesday's earnings calendar, Fastenal (FAST) is the only S&P 500 component set to report with its fiscal second-quarter results due before the opening bell.
The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is calling for the Winona, Minn.-based wholesale of industrial and construction products to post a profit of 30 cents a share in June-ended period on revenue of $688.4 million.
Based on Monday's regular session close at $36, Fastenal shares are up a healthy 22% so far in 2011, but the company is facing some skepticism on Wall Street with seven of the 11 analysts covering the stock rating it a hold. The track record is spotty with Fastenal missing in four of its past eight quarters, though it's topped consensus three of the last four times out.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV