5. Riverview Bancorp (RVSB)
Company Profile: Riverview Bancorp is the holding company of Riverview Community Bank, which provides financial solutions through its network of 17 branches in the Southwest Washington and the Portland metropolitan area.Earnings Reporting Date: July 15 (unconfirmed) Current Share Price: $3.01 2011 Share Price Performance: 10% Analyst Ratings: Riverview Bancorp garners a "buy" from Wunderlich Securities and an "outperform" from Raymond James analysts. What To Watch For: Investors should watch for Riverview to continue its streak of improving credit quality. The bank holding company saw non-performing loans fall by 27% during the fourth quarter to $12.3 million. To put that in perspective, the balance of non-performing loans stood at $36 million on March 31, 2010.
4. Intervest Bancshares (IBCA) Company Profile: Intervest Bancshares is the parent company of New York-based Intervest National Bank, a nationally chartered commercial bank that has six full-service banking offices in Clearwater and Gulfport, Fla. Earnings Reporting Date: July 15 (unconfirmed) Current Share Price: $3.50 2011 Share Price Performance: 19% Analyst Ratings: Sandler O'Neill is the lone research shop following Intervest, rating the company a "buy" with a $4 price target. What To Watch For: During the first quarter, Intervest saw the total provision for loan and real estate losses drop to only $2 million from $11.6 million a year ago and $4.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. The company said that reflected fewer problem assets and credit rating downgrades. As there isn't a lot more room to reverse those provisions for loan losses, investors will be looking for continued improvements in nonaccrual loans and real estate owned, which fell to $72 million in the first quarter from $154 million a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV