CHLORIDE, AZ, July 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Hondo Minerals Corporation (OTCBB: HMNC.OB) announced today that it has commenced production at its Tennessee Mine property in western Arizona. During the first half of the year, the company completed all work related to the construction of the plant structure, installed all equipment used for its innovative E-Leach extraction process, and completed all required training and regulatory approvals. The company is now processing ore from the 1 million tons of tailings present on the mine site, producing gold, silver, zinc, and lead.
Production rates are currently at pilot levels, and are expected to ramp to a commercial rate of 150 tons per day over the next six months. Based on the company's analysis of mineral content in the tailings, Hondo expects the tailings to average an approximate yield of 1-3 ounces of gold, as much as 30 ounces of silver along with hundreds of pounds of zinc, and lead per ton. These projections represent the company's best estimate of average yields based on independent study and testing; actual yield could vary materially from these projections.
As of the close of trading on Friday, July 8, spot gold was trading at $1,556.32 an ounce, and spot silver was trading at $36 an ounce with zinc and lead prices at $ 1.22 and $ 1.06 per pound, respectively.
William R. Miertschin, Chairman and CEO of Hondo Minerals said, "We are very excited to hit this milestone in the development of Hondo Minerals. After years of preparation, planning, and expense, we are transitioning from the development stage to the operating stage. We look forward to rapid growth in production rates, revenue, and cash flow now as we ramp up the Tennessee Concentration Plant. We are also excited to see the efficacy of our environmentally friendly and cost effective E-Leach extraction technology being verified in commercial production."About Hondo Minerals
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV