1. Rediff.com India (REDF), along with subsidiaries, provides online internet-based services in India and for the global Indian community. It operates in two segments: India Online business and US Publishing business. Rediff also publishes two weekly newspapers in North America - India Abroad and India in New York. At close last week, the stock leaped 30.5%.
Last week, a report released by Bedford said that improving broadband use in India is boosting the popularity of internet companies like Rediff and Sify Technologies. The research report notes that Rediff saw a significant year-over-year quarterly growth of 25%, topping the industry average of 19%.
The Bedford report adds that Rediff has also rolled out a group service called Rediff Deal Ho Jaye!, a Groupon like service offering consumers the opportunity to discover new local services at discounted prices. These deals will be available in 40 Indian cities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts