2. Silvercorp Metals (SVM) engages in the acquisition, exploration, development and mining of high-grade, silver-related mineral properties in China and Canada. The company operates four silver-lead-zinc mines at the Ying Mining Camp in China's Henan Province. The stock gained 14.8% last week.
Of the five analysts covering the stock, 80% recommend a buy on it. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 46.7% to $15.79 in the upcoming 12 months.
Last week, the company reported the results of three technical reports updating the resources and reserves at its SGX, HPG and TLP-LM silver-lead-zinc mines in the Ying Mining District in Henan Province, China. The combined proven and probable reserves in the three mines are 58 million ounces of silver, 309,338 tons of lead, and 86,920 tons of zinc, and 16,885 ounces of gold in 6.6 million tons of ore.Commenting on the reserve update, BMO Capital Markets said that there is potential for further resource upgrades with exploration. Also, it has raised its price target on the stock to $19.29 from $19.18. Separately, the company has updated resources at its Silvertip silver-lead-zinc project in British Columbia, Canada. This 2011 resource update, which is based on 10,913 meters in 36 diamond drill holes completed in fall 2010, estimates 4.17 million tons grading 261 g/t silver (Ag), 4.87% lead (Pb), and 8.50% zinc (Zn), containing in situ 35 million ounces of silver, 203,050 tons of lead, and 354,327 tons of zinc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV