3. Melco Crown Entertainment (MPEL) is a developer, owner and operator of casino gaming and entertainment resorts in Macau through subsidiary Melco Crown Gaming. It is among the six companies licensed to operate casinos in Macau. The stock leaped 9.5% last week.
Of the 16 analysts covering the stock, 69% recommend a buy while 25% rate it a hold. A Bloomberg consensus expects the stock to gain an average 2.6% to $14.34 in the upcoming 12 months.
Last week, the company completed the refinancing of its existing credit facilities relating to its projects City of Dreams and Altira. These two properties cover almost $1.2 billion consisting of an amortizing term loan facility for the equivalent of $800 million, and a revolving credit facility for the equivalent of $400 million. Additionally, JP Morgan is bullish on Macau gaming companies and has raised its price target for companies across the board. In June 2011, gaming revenue in Macau soared 52% to $2.6 billion from the year-ago month.In a separate development, MPEL's efforts in environmental protection have been recognized by multiple awards in 2011. The company's flagship property, City of Dreams, is the First-In-Macau to receive the Indoor Environmental Quality Certification. Besides, the company's three hotels received the 2010 Macau Green Hotel Award.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV