4. TAM (TAM), a Brazil-based airline company, provides domestic and international air transportation services. The company operates scheduled passenger and cargo transport routes to 42 cities and serves an additional 40 domestic destinations through regional alliances. The stock accumulated 7.5% at close last week.
Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 78% recommend a buy and the rest suggested hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. A Bloomberg poll expects the stock to gain an average 14.4% to $26.84 in the upcoming 12 months.
Last week, the stock advanced on speculation that Chile's antitrust tribunal will approve LAN's $4.1 billion takeover of TAM. Meanwhile, German regulators have approved the tie-up, raising optimism of a favourable ruling in Chile. LAN and TAM both fly passenger routes to Frankfurt; LAN also has cargo operations in Germany. Besides, TAM has a code-share agreement with the German airline Deutsche Lufthansa.The merger will create Latin America's largest airline and one of the 10 biggest airline companies of the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV