5. Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes (GOL), the largest low-cost airline in Latin America, provides services on routes connecting all Brazilian cities, to other Latin American cities, and select tourist destinations in the Caribbean. The company owns shares either directly or indirectly in five subsidiaries -- VRG Linhas Aereas and four offshore finance subsidiaries. The stock accumulated 5.9% last week.
Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 67% rated it a buy while remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. A Bloomberg consensus expects the stock to gain an average 44.7% to $18.62 in the upcoming 12 months.
Last week, Gol's shares gained on speculation that it would be buying closely held rival Webjet Linhas Aereas. The company said in its filing that it is in talks with Webjet, without disclosing further details. With this deal, Gol will compete with rival TAM, which will be acquired by Chilean airline LAN. An industry analyst believes that, with this acquisition, Gol would gain market share and extinguish competition.Gol and WEbJet have signed a memorandum of understanding to allow GoI to buy 100% of WebJet capital stock for $61 million. The acquisition will boost Gol's market share to 41% from the current 36%. WebJet serves 16 domestic locations with 1,000 flights per week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV