Trading Symbols TSX - CRJ NYSE Amex - CGR
SASKATOON, July 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Claude Resources Inc. ("Claude" or the "Company") (TSX-CRJ) (NYSE Amex-CGR) today announced it has approached the Board of Directors of St. Eugene Mining Corporation Ltd. ("St. Eugene", TSX.V-SEM) with a proposal to enter into a letter of intent for a share exchange transaction for 100 percent of St. Eugene at a significant premium to its trading price.
St. Eugene is a gold exploration company whose main assets include its 35 percent joint venture interest in the Amisk Gold Project in Saskatchewan (65 percent owned by Claude) and its 100 percent owned Tartan Lake Gold project in the Flin Flon area, Manitoba.
As the largest shareholder of St. Eugene (holding 11.7 million common shares or approximately 9.7 percent of the basic shares outstanding), Claude is disappointed by the strategic direction of St. Eugene evidenced by the recent announcement, and subsequent suspension, of a highly dilutive private placement with Churchill Natural Resource Partners L.P. that would have resulted in loss of control of St. Eugene at a discount to its trading price.Given that St. Eugene's Board of Directors has not positively responded to Claude's proposal in the timeframe requested, Claude felt it necessary to make its position public. The proposal Claude presented to St. Eugene's Board of Directors was to enter into a letter of intent for a share exchange transaction at a fixed exchange ratio of 0.0601 of a Claude common share for each St. Eugene common share through a friendly transaction (the "Proposal"). The implied value of the Proposal is approximately C$0.125 per St. Eugene share (based on Claude's July 8, 2011 closing price on the TSX). Claude believes that the Proposal would be particularly compelling for all St. Eugene's security holders. The benefits of Claude's Proposal include:
- an attractive premium of 47 percent to the closing price of St. Eugene shares on the TSX Venture Exchange on July 8, 2011 (based on Claude's July 8, 2011 closing price on the TSX);
- an excellent opportunity for the security holders of St. Eugene to realize immediate and substantial value for their St. Eugene securities;
- the logical consolidation of the Amisk Gold Project;
- the opportunity to participate in a highly liquid, diversified, quality gold producer, led by a management team with credible mine operating experience and a track record of value creation;
- immediate exposure to the strong current gold price environment through Claude's growing production and outstanding exploration upside on its three major projects; and
- a highly credible deal, subject only to customary conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV