MINNEAPOLIS ( Stockpickr) -- After much worry and consternation, stocks are moving higher again. Three months of consolidation has the market poised for gains. The fuel for appreciation should come in the form of higher corporate profits and a growing economy.
The big concern for many investors is inflation. The headlines have been screaming about rising oil and other commodity prices. Eventually those high prices are going to eat into profits. If earnings are lower, stock values need to adjust lower as well or at least that is the bear argument.
Currency values have played a big role in commodity price swings. A falling dollar has propped up many raw material prices, including oil. Recently we have seen what can happen when the dollar strengthens: commodity prices fall and stock prices move higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV