The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( Trefis) -- Apple (AAPL) recently filed a patent lawsuit against Samsung in Korea after having filed a similar lawsuit in the U.S. in April 2011. Apple claims that Samsung's Galaxy S smartphone copied the iPhone 3 design.
This is yet another lawsuit in the increasingly competitive smartphone market.
Research in Motion
(MMI) have all been involved in some kind of patent lawsuit in the past. How could the favorable result of this case influence Apple's stock value? Our $
Samsung has seen the fastest growth in the smartphone market in 2010 with its market share rising from 3.3% in the fourth quarter od 2009 to 9.6% in the fourth quarter of 2010,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV