Caterpillar Gets China OK For Bucyrus Acquisition
PEORIA, Ill. (AP) â¿¿ Caterpillar has completed its acquisition of Bucyrus (byoo-SY'-rus) International to expand its line of mining equipment.
Caterpillar Inc. said it completed the deal Friday after getting regulatory approval from China. The U.S. Justice Department already approved it.
Caterpillar paid $92 per share, or about $7.6 billion, to acquire Bucyrus International Inc. The deal is worth $8.8 billion including net debt.
Bucyrus makes surface mining equipment used for coal, copper, iron ore, oil sands and other minerals. It is based in South Milwaukee, Wis.Caterpillar, based in Peoria, Ill., is the world's largest maker of construction and mining equipment. The Bucyrus brand will be replaced by the Caterpillar brand. Caterpillar's Steve Wunning, who oversees mining equipment, says the company expects demand to remain strong for mining equipment because of growth in the developing world. Caterpillar shares fell $1.85, or 1.7 percent, to $109.78 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV