Ascent Media Corporation (Nasdaq: ASCMA) today announced that it has changed its name to Ascent Capital Group, Inc. The company will continue to trade on the Nasdaq Global Stock Market under its current ticker symbol ASCMA. The name change does not affect the company's ownership structure or day-to-day operations.
The company believes that the new name better reflects its current business profile and objectives following the recent sales of its media assets and the acquisition of Monitronics International, Inc., one of the nation's largest, fastest-growing home security alarm monitoring companies.
Shareholders do not need to take any action with regard to the name change. Registered shareholders who would like to exchange their shares certificates for new Ascent Capital Group, Inc. share certificates may do so by contacting the Company’s transfer agent: Computershare Trust Company, N.A., 250 Royall Street, Canton, MA 02021, Telephone: (877) 453-1510.
About Ascent Capital Group, Inc.Ascent is a holding company and owns 100 percent of its operating subsidiaries, including Monitronics, one of the nation's largest, fastest-growing home security alarm monitoring companies, headquartered in Dallas, TX, and certain former subsidiaries of Ascent Media Group, LLC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV