Agricultural and construction equipment giant Deere (DE) is a perfect example of that. Shares have churning sideways since the start of the year, trailing the S&P's performance by a somewhat sizable margin. But don't be fooled -- this stock could be a great momentum play this month.
The biggest factor is the rounding bottom that's been forming in shares since the start of June. That rounding bottom (which resembles the cup in MCD's price chart) indicates that sellers have slowly been overcome by buyers in the last month. More importantly, it provides us with a breakout price to watch for at the stock's $87 resistance level.
Shares are testing that resistance level today. I'd suggest becoming a buyer once we see a definitive break above $87 -- if shares open for trading materially above that price, it makes sense to go long. Consider a protective stop just below the 200-day moving average.Deere shows up a recent list of 7 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks to Buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV