That's a definite possibility, but there's no real way of knowing because the study is blinded. It's just as likely that placebo patients are doing better than expected, which could hurt cabozantinib's chances. Patients in both arms of the study might also be exceeding expectations.
By design, twice as many patients in the phase III study were randomized to cabozantinib compared to placebo. But even with this numerical imbalance, it's folly to read too much into Exelixis' announcement of a delay, either way.
Micromet is a better speculative stock because the company's antibody cancer drug pipeline is still unproven. Pivotal trial results and potential approvals are still several years away as well.I consider Questcor to be an earnings-driven stock dependent on the growth of Acthar. Questcor's share price is at an all-time high and trades at 22 times next year's estimated earnings, which makes it a high-growth, momentum stock but certainly not speculative. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV