TAN (Guggenheim Solar ETF) follows the MAC Global Solar Energy Index which has a more global focus. It's constructed with constituents including ADRs, in all phases of the solar industry from developers, module manufacturers, marketing, selling and financing. The fund was launched April 2008. The expense ratio is .65%. AUM is roughly $170M and average daily volume is over 600K shares. Through June 2011 the annual dividend is only $.01 making the yield .14% with YTD return -2.60%.
Data as of July 2011
TAN Top Ten Holdings &Weightings
- First Solar, Inc. (FSLR): 19.36%
- GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Limited (03800): 9.23%
- GT Solar international (SOLR): 6.67%
- Meyer Burger Technology AG (MBTN): 6.23%
- Trina Solar Limited ADR (TSL): 5.19%
- SunPower Corporation (SPWRA): 3.73%
- SolarWorld AG (SWV): 3.82%
- SMA Solar Technology (S92.DE): 3.53%
- Suntech Power Holdings ADR (STP): 3.49%
- MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR): 3.43%
KWT (Market Vectors Solar Energy ETF) follows the Ardour Solar Energy Index includes publicly traded companies globally that derive two-thirds of their revenue from solar power and related products. Weighted companies receive 90% of their revenues in this manner. The fund was launched April 2008. The expense ratio is .65%. AUM are over $32M and average daily trading volume is around 60K shares. As of July 2011 the annual dividend was $.07 making the yield .62% and the YTD return was -2.64%.
Data as of June 2011
KWT Top Ten Holdings & Weightings
- First Solar, Inc. (FSLR): 9.11%
- Trina Solar Limited ADR (TSL): 8.96%
- MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR): 8.93%
- Renewable Energy Corporation ASA (REC): 7.63%
- SolarWorld AG (SWV): 5.92%
- SunPower Corporation (SPWRA): 5.32%
- Yingli Green Energy Holding Company, Ltd. (YGE): 4.96%
- SMA Solar Technology AG (S92): 4.70%
- Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. ADR (STP): 4.35%
- JA Solar Holdings Co., ADR ADR (JASO): 3.81%
GEX (Market Vectors Global Alternative Energy) track the Ardour Global Index which follows global companies principally involved in the alternative energy business. The index is a rules-based, float adjusted index. The fund was launched May 2007. The expense ratio is .62%. AUM is over $125M and average daily trading volume exceeds 65K shares. As of July 2011, the annual dividend is $.19 making the yield 1% with a YTD return of -5.65%.
Data as of June 2011
GEX Top Ten Holdings & Weightings
- First Solar, Inc. (FSLR): 9.38%
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S (VWS): 8.99%
- Cree, Inc. (CREE): 5.76%
- Enel Green Power S.P.A. (EGPW): 5.71%
- Iberdrola Energias Renovables SA (IBR): 5.30%
- Verbund AG (VER): 4.89%
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd. (6370): 4.54%
- MEMC Electronic Materials Inc (WFR): 3.79%
- International Rectifier (IRF): 3.49%
- Covanta Holding Corporation (CVA): 3.25%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV