Top Fund Manager Gets Bullish on Google
Why have you recently added Google to your portfolio?
Rainey: Google's obviously a large-cap name with about $40 billion of cash on its balance sheet. When you back out the cash, we figure we're buying the leading light in search and one of the leading lights in placement advertising for about 12 times forward earnings. It's a cheap stock and good things happen to cheap stocks.
-- Reported by Gregg Greenberg in New York.
Readers Also Like:>> Apple's iOS in Surprise Security Spotlight >> 5 Tech Start-ups Making 'Real' Products
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV