Other mall owning REITs showing strength in Thursday's session included Developers Diversified (DDR), up 2% at $14.86, Glimcher Realty Trust (GRT), higher by 3.3% at $10.18, Tanger Factory Outlet (SKT), which rose 1.7% to $28.61, and Equity One (EQY), up 1% at $19.55.
S&P Equity Research said it expected June same-store sales -- or sales at stores open at least one year, a closely watched metric in the restaurant industry -- to rise 5.4% from the last year, while the actual gain was 8.1%.
"In addition, our optimism was boosted by the ADP survey of private payrolls showing a gain 157,000 new jobs in June, significantly above the 78,000 new June jobs expected by consensus," McMillan said.-- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
>>See our new stock quote page. Get more stock ideas and investing advice on our sister site, Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV