NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Erie Indemnity Company (Nasdaq:ERIE) hit a new 52-week high Thursday as it is currently trading at $73, above its previous 52-week high of $72.95 with 24,895 shares traded as of 10:49 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 54,400 shares over the past 30 days. Erie Indemnity has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are up 9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Erie Indemnity Company provides sales, underwriting, and policy issuance services to the policyholders of Erie Insurance Exchange in the United States. The company offers property/casualty insurance; and underwrites personal and commercial lines property, and casualty coverage. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.2, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your ERIE trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about ERIE
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV