2. CRH (CRH), a diversified building materials company, engages in the manufacture and distribution of building material products like cement, concrete products, aggregates, asphalt and others. The company's operations are divided into six business segments with subsidiaries operating in almost 19 countries.
Of the three analysts covering the stock, 33% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 22% to $26.00 in the upcoming 12 months.
During the first half of 2011, the company completed 21 acquisition and investment initiatives totaling $286.6 million. Furthermore, the company's chief executive added that during the same period divestments generated $494.2 million as proceeds for reinvestment.For the first half of 2011, CRH estimates like-for-like sales to be ahead of 2010, with EBITDA expected to exceed last year's level. The company is due to release its first half earnings on Aug 16. Recently, CRH commented that it would continue to target potential acquisitions in order gain more traction in the U.S. and Europe. It adds that the pipeline of potential acquisition remains strong and with its strong balance sheet, it has the potential to capitalize on these opportunities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV