3. CEMEX (CX), is a global cement manufacturer engaged in the production, distribution, marketing and sale of cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates and clinker through its operating subsidiaries. The company's operations are located in North America, Europe, South America, Central America, the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
Of the 18 analysts covering the stock, 33% recommend a buy, whereas 50% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 15.7% to $9.67 over the next 12 months.
Net sales for the first quarter of 2011 were $3.4 billion, up 11% from the comparable quarter prior year. Operating income for the same period soared 16% to $172 million. Net loss narrowed to $276 million from $342 million in first quarter 2010. Shipments for domestic gray cement, ready mix, and aggregates expanded 3%, 14%, and 10% year-over-year, respectively.Capital expenditure for 2011 is expected to reach $470 million with $120 million allocated for strategic capex. Cost of energy, on a per-ton-of-cement-produced basis, is estimated to increase by almost 13%. The company recently received approval for a 25% capacity increase for its newest cement kiln. The scale up is mainly to expand capacity and mining reserves at the site, and not aimed at boosting sales. Kiln No. 2 at the Cemex South Brooksville Cement Plant with a 2,800-tons-per-day capacity would expand to 3,500 tons per day, as per company sources. Besides, Cemex is also eyeing a dairy farm in Columbia County for a new aggregate mine, drawn by access to water and volume of untapped aggregate rock deposited in that section of Columbia River floodplain.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV