4. USG (USG), operating through its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes building materials. The company's business operations are divided into three segments: North American Gypsum, Building Products Distribution, and Worldwide Ceilings. USG's range of products is used in residential, non-residential, as well as certain industrial processes.
Of the 14 analysts covering the stock,7% recommend a buy and 86% rate it a hold. On June 17, RBC Capital markets reassigned an outperform rating on the stock with a price target of $16.00, indicating 12.4% increase from current levels. Additionally, KeyBanc Capital Markets reaffirmed its hold rating on the stock on June 29.
The company reported 1% increase in sales to $721 million for first quarter 2011, as compared to the prior year period. Net loss for the quarter narrowed to $105 million or $1.01 per share from $110 million or $1.10 per share in the same quarter a year ago. Operating loss diminished to $58 million from $82 million. During the quarter, USG's average wallboard price increased to $109.15 per thousand square feet from $106.58 in the earlier year period.The company recently announced the availability of its lightweight SHEETROCK(R) Brand UltraLight Panels FIRECODE(R) 30. These panels meet current building codes for non-fire rated areas and are 30% lighter than the competition's standard Type X panel, making them easier to transport, lift, and install. These panels are available at more than 200 specialty dealers in the eastern half of U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV