1. Focus Media Holdings (FMCN) is a digital media company.
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was $146.6 million, exceeding the company's own guidance range of $122 million to 124 million. Net revenue improved 50% year-over-year during the March quarter.
Commenting on the future plans, Jason Jiang, Focus Media's CEO, said in a press statement, "We plan to launch Focus Media's next generation of screens in seven cities in the second half of this year. We believe these next-generation screens will equip Focus Media with capabilities to provide interactive, measurable, location based search (LBS) services to advertisers, which we believe is of great importance for Focus Media's next era of growth. We also plan to embark upon a small minority investment in a company that will work hand in hand with Focus Media to provide online and mobile services support to enhance Focus Media's LBS capability."Net income for the first quarter of 2011 was $42.4 million, also beating its earlier guidance range of $36 million to $38 million for the first quarter. The stock is up 47% year-to-date. Analysts expect the stock to gain around 22% over the next one year and assign buy ratings of 75%. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 7 Top-Rated Media Stocks to Buy portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV