3. Time Warner (TWX) is a media and entertainment company operating in segments like networks, filmed entertainment and publishing.
For 2011 first quarter, revenue rose 6% to $6.7 billion from the same period last year, as the networks segment posted 18% growth during the quarter. The filmed entertainment segment was a drag on operating income, declining 10% year-over-year to $1.3 billion. Operating income margins were 19% vs. 22% in the same quarter prior year.
On the recent initiatives, Jeff Bewkes, the company's CEO, said, "We expanded the availability of our HBO GO streaming service to mobile devices; reached agreement with Apple to enable our Time, Fortune and Sports Illustrated print subscribers to access the iPad editions of these magazines at no extra cost; and, through Warner Bros., launched our test of premium video on demand. We've also bought back $1.3 billion of our shares so far this year, double the pace of last year. That reflects our confidence in our competitive position and growth prospects and our commitment to continue improving shareholder returns."Analysts project 12% upside over the next year with 65% buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV