5. Walt Disney (DIS) is a worldwide entertainment company operating in segments like media networks, resorts, studios, interactive media and consumer products.
Total revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was $9.08 billion, up 6% year-over-year compared to the previous year. Diluted EPS rose 2% during the same period. Overall, the company's media networks segment performed exceptionally well, registering 12% and 17% growth in revenue and operational income, respectively.
The company's operating cash flows for the first six months increased 23% to $3.1 billion over the same period prior year due to higher operating cash receipts from segments such as media networks, resorts and consumer products. However, free-cash flows came lower on higher capital expenditure as the company made final payment in relation to Disney Dream, resort expansions, and spending on theme parks. Total investments in parks, resorts and other property stood at $1.85 billion.Analysts expect the stock to gain around 22% over the next year and affirm 60% buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV