6. Meredith (MDP) is a media and marketing company operating in two business segments: national and local media. The company's national media segment contributes nearly 80% toward total revenue from magazine publishing, integrated marketing, interactive media and other related operations. The local media segment comprises operations of network-affiliated television stations and related interactive media operations.
During the first nine months ending March 31, revenue rose to $1.05 billion, up $30 million from the comparable prior-year period. Advertising and other revenue grew the fastest during the first nine months.
Net profit improved 37.5% year-over-year, driven by cost rationalization and lower interest outgo. Operating income grew 35% year-over-year to $169 million.Analysts' consensus estimate pegs average gains at 24% over the next year with buy ratings of 57%. The stock is trading at 11 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV