7. McGraw-Hill (MHP) is a leading global financial information services company and holds leading brands like Platts Energy Information, McGraw-Hill Education and Standard & Poor's.
Total revenue for the first quarter of 2011 stood at $1.3 billion, up 7.7% from 2010 first quarter. The revenue boost came from McGraw-Hill Financial, which grew 16.2% to $324 million in the first quarter.
Operating income during the first quarter increased 12.7% to $214.4 million from the comparable period in 2010. During the quarter, net income improved 16.1% year-over-year to $124 million. Positively, the increase in first quarter earnings came while making investments in segments like digital education.Cash and short-term investments at the end of March stood at $1.3 billion. Management expects diluted earnings per share of $2.79 to $2.89 for 2011. The stock is trading at 16 times its estimated 2011 earnings and analysts assign 55% buy ratings on the stock, according to Bloomberg consensus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV