NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Walt Disney (DIS), News Corporation (NWSA), McGraw-Hill (MHP), IMAX (IMAX), Meredith (MDP), Focus Media (FMCN) and Time Warner (TWX) are media-related stocks with nearly 75% buy ratings, as polled by Bloomberg.
These seven media-related stocks topped broader indices during the last 12 months. Collectively, they garnered 66% gains during the last year, compared to the Dow's 25%. Analysts rated these stocks highly and their earnings are seen growing at 20% to 22% over the coming year. The stocks have average buy ratings of 63% and analysts identify a mean upside potential of 18% to 20%, according to Bloomberg consensus.
The stocks are stacked in terms of buy ratings, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV