SAO PAULO, July 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
1. As previously announced by the management of Telecomunicacoes de Sao Paulo S.A. – Telesp ("Telesp") and of Vivo Participacoes S.A. (" Vivo Part." and, jointly with Telesp, the "Companies"), a merger of shares between Vivo and Telesp was completed and as a result Telesp became the sole owner of all of the common shares and preferred shares of Vivo and all of the American Depositary Shares ("ADSs) of Vivo were converted into ADSs of Telesp plus cash instead of any fractional Telesp ADSs.
2. Since June 8, 2011, Vivo's preferred shares have not been traded on the BM&FBovespa S.A. – Bolsa de Valores, Mercadorias e Futuros, the Brazilian stock exchange and the Vivo ADSs have not been traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Since that date, the Telesp shares have only been negotiated under Telesp's trading code: TLPP3 for common shares and TLPP4 for preferred shares. The Telesp ADSs are now trading under the symbol VIV as the result of an agreement among the New York Stock Exchange, Vivo and Telesp.
3. On June 20, 2011, Form 25 was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the " SEC") (Commission File Number 333-09470) announcing the removal of the Vivo ADSs from listing on the New York Stock Exchange in accordance with Rule 12d2-2(a)(3) of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the " Exchange Act").4. In light of Telesp's current ownership of 100% of the equity securities of Vivo, Vivo has determined to terminate the registration of the Vivo ADSs under the Exchange Act and intends to file promptly with the SEC the necessary Form 15F. Vivo estimates that this filing will be made on or before July 8, 2011, thereby terminating its duty to report under section 15(d) of the Exchange Act. VIVO PARTICIPACOES S.A. Public Held Company with Authorized CapitalCNPJ MF 02.558.074/0001-73 - NIRE 35.3.001.587-92 July 6, 2011 Gilmar Roberto Pereira CamurraInvestors Relations' Officer Vivo Participacoes S.A. VIVO – Investors Relations OfficeTel: +55 11 7420-1172Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgInformation: www.vivo.com.br/ri SOURCE Vivo Participacoes S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV