NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Yum! Brands' (YUM) Taco Bell will offer free Wi-Fi at all of its U.S. restaurants by 2015 in a move that echoes that of restaurant giants McDonald's (MCD) and Starbucks (SBUX).
Taco Bell said this week that all of its 5,600 U.S.-based locations will be equipped with free Wi-Fi service by 2015; just 40 of its restaurants offer the complimentary service now.
The fast-food chain will also outfit its stores with TV screens airing programs from Restaurant Entertainment Network, a content providing service already employed by Denny's (DENN), Arby's, Wendy's (WEN), Carl's Jr and Hardee's, according to a report in The Independent. Programs will feature content on music, lifestyle, entertainment and sports.Taco Bell's announcements come as the Mexican-style restaurant operator looks to attract more customers and boost diners' in-store experiences.
McDonald's already offers free Wi-Fi to its customers in the U.S. Last year Starbucks began offering unlimited free Wi-Fi to its customers after previously requiring people to sign in with an account and password, and limiting free internet service to two hours per day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV