5. KLA-Tencor (KLAC) makes equipment for the semiconductor and related nanoelectronics industries. The products are used in a number of other industries including the high brightness light emitting diode (HBLED), data storage and photovoltaic industries, as well as general materials research. The company will announce second-quarter results July 29.
Net income for the fourth quarter is forecast at $232.2 million on sales of $872.8 million, compared to net income of $113 million on $559.4 million sales, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are seen at $1.36, up from 66 cents.
Of the 16 analysts covering the stock, 50% say it's a "buy" and 38% a "hold." Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 23.7% to $50.23.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV