9. Cypress Semiconductor (CY) operates in the following segments: Consumer and Computation Division, Data Communications, and Memory and Imaging, and Emerging Technologies. The company also offers West Bridge peripheral controllers, universal serial bus (USB) controllers, general-purpose programmable clocks and a portfolio of static random access memories. It will report second-quarter results July 22.
Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 58% recommend it as a "buy" and 32% say it's a "hold." Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 12.1% to $24.50 in 12 months.
Estimates collected by Bloomberg show the company may report sales of $251.7 million, up 13% from $223.02 million. Net income is seen at $59.94 million, or 30 cents per share, which compares to $47.97 million, or 24 cents.The company recently introduced the industry's first USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed USB) product, built to improve the performance of mobile phones. It also introduced a new USB OTG and USB 2.0 product for mobile devices -- the West Bridge Bay controller. These two products are expected to reach full production by September.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV