9. Cypress Semiconductor (CY) operates in the following segments: Consumer and Computation Division, Data Communications, and Memory and Imaging, and Emerging Technologies. The company also offers West Bridge peripheral controllers, universal serial bus (USB) controllers, general-purpose programmable clocks and a portfolio of static random access memories. It will report second-quarter results July 22.
Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 58% recommend it as a "buy" and 32% say it's a "hold." Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 12.1% to $24.50 in 12 months.
Estimates collected by Bloomberg show the company may report sales of $251.7 million, up 13% from $223.02 million. Net income is seen at $59.94 million, or 30 cents per share, which compares to $47.97 million, or 24 cents.The company recently introduced the industry's first USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed USB) product, built to improve the performance of mobile phones. It also introduced a new USB OTG and USB 2.0 product for mobile devices -- the West Bridge Bay controller. These two products are expected to reach full production by September.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV