2. Axcelis Technologies (ACLS) makes implantation, dry strip and other processing equipment used in the fabrication of semiconductor chips. Moreover, the company provides aftermarket service and support, including spare parts, equipment upgrades, maintenance services and customer training. Earnings for the second quarter are scheduled for July 28.
Of the three analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend it as a "buy." Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 68.5% to $3 in the coming 12 months.
As per a Bloomberg consensus, the company is likely to report sales of $86.60 million, increasing 49% from $58.2 million. The company is seen swinging to a net profit of 1 cent per share from a net loss of 4 cents. Gross margins are seen widening to 34.5% from 33.4% in the first quarter.The company recently announced that a major foundry has selected its Integra ES plasma dry strip system to support advanced, high-volume device manufacturing facilities. Shipments of dry strip systems have started this month to multiple fabs worldwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV