3. Mattson Technology (MTSN), makes semiconductor-wafer-processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits. The company supplies dry strip and rapid thermal processing (RTP) equipment to the global semiconductor industry. Mattson has design and manufacturing centers in the U.S., Canada, Germany and Korea, and diversified customers including foundries, memory and logic-device manufacturers located across the world. The company will release second-quarter earnings July 21.
Of the seven analysts covering the stock, 29% recommend it as a "buy" and the rest a "hold." Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 60.8% to $3.20 in the coming 12 months.
For the second quarter, a Bloomberg consensus shows the company reporting sales of $45.82 million, increasing 43% from $32.12 million. The net loss for the quarter narrowed to $5.19 million, or 17 cents per share, compared to $8.29 million, or 10 cents, the survey says.The company recently announced that it has received follow-on multi-system orders and has started shipping paradigmE etch and SUPREMA strip tools to a semiconductor manufacturer. These systems will be used for advanced etch and strip applications to produce chips that will be used in devices such as smartphones, personal computers and solid-state drives. Besides, Mattson and MesoCoat signed an exclusive supply agreement under which MesoCoat will purchase an escalating minimum number of Vortek arc lamps from Mattson annually. The aggregate value of the purchase has the potential to exceed tens of millions of dollars over the term of the agreement, and includes a $2 million exclusivity fee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV