3. Mattson Technology (MTSN), makes semiconductor-wafer-processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits. The company supplies dry strip and rapid thermal processing (RTP) equipment to the global semiconductor industry. Mattson has design and manufacturing centers in the U.S., Canada, Germany and Korea, and diversified customers including foundries, memory and logic-device manufacturers located across the world. The company will release second-quarter earnings July 21.
Of the seven analysts covering the stock, 29% recommend it as a "buy" and the rest a "hold." Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 60.8% to $3.20 in the coming 12 months.
For the second quarter, a Bloomberg consensus shows the company reporting sales of $45.82 million, increasing 43% from $32.12 million. The net loss for the quarter narrowed to $5.19 million, or 17 cents per share, compared to $8.29 million, or 10 cents, the survey says.The company recently announced that it has received follow-on multi-system orders and has started shipping paradigmE etch and SUPREMA strip tools to a semiconductor manufacturer. These systems will be used for advanced etch and strip applications to produce chips that will be used in devices such as smartphones, personal computers and solid-state drives. Besides, Mattson and MesoCoat signed an exclusive supply agreement under which MesoCoat will purchase an escalating minimum number of Vortek arc lamps from Mattson annually. The aggregate value of the purchase has the potential to exceed tens of millions of dollars over the term of the agreement, and includes a $2 million exclusivity fee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV