Romney Is GOP Funding Frontrunner
The report officially establishes Romney as the clear front-runner among all Republican candidates as he out-raised the estimated combined second-quarter totals of Rep. Ron Paul (R., Texas) ($4.5 million), former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty ($4.2 million) and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman ($4.1 million).
"Voters are responding to Mitt Romney's message that President Obama's policies have failed and that we need new leadership in Washington," said Spencer Zwick, Romney's finance chairman. "Our fundraising for the second quarter represents the strong support Mitt Romney has across the country."
Romney's campaign reported that the former Massachusetts governor has $12.6 million in cash on hand.All presidential candidates were required to submit their second-quarter contributions to the Federal Election Commission by the beginning of July. A spokesperson for the FEC said that campaign funds would be posted on its Web site by mid-July, unless a candidate filed for an extension. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV