BOISE, Idaho, July 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- IDACORP, Inc.'s (NYSE:IDA) principal subsidiary, Idaho Power Company (Idaho Power), Friday filed its 2011 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) with the Idaho and Oregon public utilities commissions. The 2011 IRP is Idaho Power's 10th resource plan addressing available supply-side and demand-side resource options, planning period load forecasts, potential resource portfolios, a risk analysis, and near-term and long-term action plans.
The collaborative integrated resource planning process is guided by the Integrated Resource Plan Advisory Committee (IRPAC). The IRPAC connects Idaho Power resource and planning experts and government, public, customer and environmental organization stakeholders.
Idaho Power's 2011 IRP process established four primary goals:
- Identify sufficient resources to reliably serve the growing demand for energy within Idaho Power's service area throughout the 20year planning period
- Ensure the selected resource portfolio balances cost, risk, and environmental concerns
- Give equal and balanced treatment to both supplyside resources and demandside measures
- Involve the public in the planning process in a meaningful way
"Energy is a finite and valuable resource, and energy diversity is energy security," said Mark Stokes, Idaho Power's Power Supply planning manager. "Through our IRP process we diligently plan for the future and take steps to position our company to meet upcoming obligations and anticipated regulation while minimizing the impact to our customers and owners."Near- and long-term action plans in the 2011 IRP address the years 2011–2020 and 2021–2030, respectively. The Langley Gulch Power Plant now under construction near New Plymouth, Idaho and the Boardman to Hemingway transmission line are the primary resources in the near-term action plan. The long-term action plan includes a diverse set of renewable and gasfired resources. In addition to preserving the capability of existing resources, Idaho Power recognizes the need to add resources and transmission facilities to support increased economic activity and customer use. New resources, such as Langley Gulch, and Idaho Power's base of clean, sustainable hydroelectric generation facilities, continue to be an integral part of the company's resource portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV