Clean up crews work to collect oil from alongside the Yellowstone River in Laurel, Mont.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Exxon Mobil (XOM) hastened to clean up tens of thousands of gallons of oil on Tuesday that burst into the Yellowstone River from one of its ruptured pipelines in Laurel, Mont.
The pipeline, which runs from Silver Tip, Mont. to Billings, Mont., failed on Saturday. Exxon shut down the pipe in seven minutes after pressure loss was discovered and it isolated the segment where the oil spewed.
"ExxonMobil Pipeline Company deeply regrets this release and is working hard with local emergency authorities to mitigate the impacts of this release on the surrounding communities and to the environment," the company said in a statement on Saturday.Exxon's shares closed down 46 cents at $81.55 on Tuesday, as the Dow component mobilized quickly to contain the spill.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV