Clean up crews work to collect oil from alongside the Yellowstone River in Laurel, Mont.
NEW YORK (
The pipeline, which runs from Silver Tip, Mont. to Billings, Mont., failed on Saturday. Exxon shut down the pipe in seven minutes after pressure loss was discovered and it isolated the segment where the oil spewed.
"ExxonMobil Pipeline Company deeply regrets this release and is working hard with local emergency authorities to mitigate the impacts of this release on the surrounding communities and to the environment," the company said in a statement on Saturday.Exxon's shares closed down 46 cents at $81.55 on Tuesday, as the Dow component mobilized quickly to contain the spill.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV