Arkansas' First Native Bourbon Whiskey Now Available!
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., July 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Rock Town Distillery, Arkansas' first legal distillery since prohibition, today announced the debut of its first whiskey, "Arkansas Young Bourbon Whiskey."
"Arkansas Young Bourbon Whiskey" was pot distilled from a mash of Arkansas Corn and Arkansas Wheat. Aged in 5 and 10 gallon new charred oak barrels at the distillery in Little Rock, this is the first legal bourbon whiskey ever commercially produced in the great state of Arkansas. It's called a "Young" bourbon whiskey because that's exactly what it is. It was aged between 3 and 6 months using accelerated maturation techniques that includes small barrels and temperature cycling.
"Bourbon has a great southern tradition," said distillery owner and head distiller Phil Brandon, "and we wanted to make our bourbon from native Arkansas grains and age the whiskey in small barrels coopered in Arkansas. It's the first Arkansas Bourbon."
Arkansas Young Bourbon Whiskey is handmade in very small batches and only about 114 cases were bottled of this first release, some of which will go to Illinois and Tennessee, as well as liquor stores and restaurants throughout Arkansas.Arkansas Young Bourbon Whiskey is bottled at 92 proof (46% ABV), with a suggested retail of $24.99/375ml. Rock Town Distillery is distributed by Glazers of Arkansas, Maxwell Street Trading in Illinois, and United Liquors Corp in Memphis. ABOUT ROCK TOWN DISTILLERY Rock Town Distillery is located in downtown Little Rock at 1216 E 6th Street, Little Rock, AR 72202 and is open for tours on Saturdays at 1:30pm and 3pm; call 501.907.5244 for reservations. To download images for this press release or for more information please visit www.arkansaslightning.com or http://arkansaslightning.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Bourbon-White-Background2.jpg. SOURCE Rock Town Distillery
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV