Federman & Sherwood Announces Investigation Of Ameron International Corporation
The law firm of Federman & Sherwood has initiated an investigation into Ameron International Corporation (NYSE: AMN) (“Ameron”) with respect to possible breaches of fiduciary duty by the company’s officers and directors, as well as violations of state law, in connection with its proposed sale and merger with National Oilwell Varco Inc. (“National”).
On July 5, 2011, Ameron announced that it has agreed to be purchased and merge with National in an all-cash deal valued at $772 million. Federman & Sherwood is investigating whether the proposed merger makes all necessary disclosures to stockholders, whether it offers adequate long-term value to the Company’s shareholders, and whether Ameron could have received a higher valuation for its shareholders by aggressively seeking other purchasers. The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2011, but still must be approved by a majority of the shareholders.
If you currently own common stock in Ameron International Corporation, have information to assist in our investigation, or have any questions or concerns regarding this notice or preservation of your rights, please contact William B. Federman. Federman & Sherwood has extensive experience representing investors in securities, derivative and merger-related shareholder class actions in state and federal courts nationwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV