The event: Phase III data on the Quad, a new four-in-one combination pill for HIV.
The timeline: Data from two phase III studies (Quad vs. Atripla and Quad vs. boosted Reyataz and Truvada) are due in the second half of the year.
The stakes: The long-term growth of Gilead's market-leading HIV drug franchise. The Quad is a single pill made up four Gilead drugs: Currently approved Viread and Emtriva plus two experimental drugs elvitegravir and cobicistat. If approved, the Quad could extend Gilead's competitive advantage in HIV therapy especially as generic competition looms in the 2017-2018 time frame. The Quad will also be more profitable for Gilead since it will likely replace Atripla, a three-in-one combination pill that includes one drug from Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV