The event: Phase III study of cabozantinib in medullary thyroid cancer.
The timeline: Top-line results in the third quarter.
The stakes: Investors have been most focused on the development of cabozantinib in prostate cancer (phase III studies in the design stage) but don't forget that Exelixis' first shot at getting the drug approved will come in medullary thyroid cancer (MTC) if results from a soon-to-be-completed phase III study come out positive.
Medullary thyroid cancer is rare so Exelixis' revenue-generating opportunity will be small. Nonetheless, as a proving ground for the much larger and more lucrative prostate cancer opportunity, the cabozantinib data in MTC are very important to Exelixis and is likely to have significant impact on the company's stock price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV