The event: Phase III study of cabozantinib in medullary thyroid cancer.
The timeline: Top-line results in the third quarter.
The stakes: Investors have been most focused on the development of cabozantinib in prostate cancer (phase III studies in the design stage) but don't forget that Exelixis' first shot at getting the drug approved will come in medullary thyroid cancer (MTC) if results from a soon-to-be-completed phase III study come out positive.
Medullary thyroid cancer is rare so Exelixis' revenue-generating opportunity will be small. Nonetheless, as a proving ground for the much larger and more lucrative prostate cancer opportunity, the cabozantinib data in MTC are very important to Exelixis and is likely to have significant impact on the company's stock price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV